Notice to Tenants

The State of Connecticut is in the process of creating an eviction Right to Counsel program for income-eligible tenants facing eviction or the loss of their housing subsidy.

This program has not opened yet. It will be phased in over time. The first phase of the program will begin on January 31, 2022. Check back here beginning January 31st to learn how to access free legal representation where you live.

Free Resources

UniteCT Rental Assistance:
Apply for rental assistance from the state's UniteCT program by going to the UniteCT website or call 1-844-864-8328 for a referral to a community agency that can help you apply.

United Way 2-1-1 Helpline:
There may be additional housing, utility, and food assistance available in your community. Call 2-1-1 or go to for more information and referrals.